Allowing all residents to vote is NOT a new idea; in fact, it has defined our democracy for most of our history. In 40 states, noncitizen residents voted and even held office for the first 150 years of US history. And here in New York City, all residents were allowed to vote on the school boards for more than 40 years.
http://t.co/Y7OL0kCP4g Help. Can we put supportive comments on this newsday article. We need to put the facts and opinions out.
FORUM Aug 21 #brooklyn speakers: @cmenchaca @douglaskev @UNHNY Christopher King @CVHaction @HeyItsMurad @thenyic more http://t.co/VpoSHjUqsS
“Aliens” voting rights in #Slovenia. Aliens with permanent residence in the municipality may vote, but only actively http://t.co/AopJRH6FL2
To be clear. We propose voting rights in NYC for legal residents. The NYC commune - O'Reilly - Newsday http://t.co/2GnXd93mjk via @Newsday
- http://t.co/Y7OL0kCP4g Help. Can we put supportive comments on this newsday article. We need to put the facts and opinions out.
Join the NYCEVR
News & Information
Tags#ivotenyc ABC7 Tiempo Argentina Athens BMCC BRIDGEPORT Brookline Brooklyn Burlington VT City Charter Revision Commission Connecticut Daniel Dromm Demos European Union Flushing Meadow Corona Park Germany Greece Intro 410 Irma Rodriguez Japan Korea Luis Jimenez Presenta Maryland Netherlands Norway NY1 Noticias NYC Portland Maine Press Conference Proposition D San Francisco School Board Slovakia Slovenia Sweden Toronto Canada Voting Rights WBAI WPIX 11
- 13 Bold Progresive Ideas for NYC in 2013
- City Charter Revision Commission 2010 by Ron Hayduk (PDF)
- Did you know…? (PDF)
- Elecciones Locales importan (PDF)
- FAQ (PDF)
- FAQ about implementation of Intro 410
- Handout Flyer Eng (PDF)
- Intro 410 Text (PDF)
- Local Elections Matter (PDF)
- NYC Noncitizen Map by Council District
- PowerPoint Presentation (PPT)
- Pregutas Frecuentes (PDF)
- Puntos más Importantes (PDF)
- Talking Points (PDF)
- Usted Sabía (PDF)